This control is a textbox with clickable up/down arrows, and is used to edit integer values. You can set the maximum and minimum allowable values, as well as the increment when the user clicks the arrows.
Some of the more useful properties:
- Min, Max - (int): The represent the minimum and maximum values for the control.
- SpinnerWrap - (bool): Determines the behavior when the value of the control reaches one of its boundaries (
Max), and the user clicks on the arrow that would exceed those boundaries. When this property is
False, nothing happens; the value stays at that boundary. But when this property is
True, the value wraps around in a cycle. For example: if the
Max=100, if the value is at 100 and the user clicks the up arrow, it will wrap around to its
Minvalue (in this case, 0).
Some of the more common events:
- Hit: raised the user clicks on either the Up or Down spinner buttons. The new value of the control will be available in evt.index.
- GotFocus: raised when the control receives focus.
- LostFocus: raised when the control loses focus.
See the Dabo Class Documentation for an exhaustive documentation of this control's Properties, Events and Methods. (Note that this documentation is no longer live, but it's still available via the Internet Archive).