Welcome to the Dabo Wiki!
I've implemented some different anti-spam requirements. Now in order to edit pages, click on the options link above, and enter your real name and email address, as well as the other options there. Save them, and as long as you have cookies enabled, you should see the edit link appear above. If it doesn't, you may need to refresh the page until it does.
The site has been hit repeatedly by spammers, who have deleted the real content and inserted their crap. I've changed the permissions for the Wiki so that now only authorized users may edit pages.
- What is Dabo?
- Who are the People involved with Dabo?
- What do Dabo applications look like? See the Application Showcase page!
- Dabo News
Requirements and Installation
Learning Dabo - FAQs, Tutorials, Documentation, Demos
- FAQs - NewbieFAQs - HowTos
- Tutorials and Screencasts - includes the PyCon 2010 Tutorial
- Dabo PyCon 2007 - Part 1 (note, there are 6 YouTube videos)
- Part 3 shows how "data binding" works, e.g., how a drop-down UI object can be bound to (and hence control) the ScaleMode property of another UI object -- a dImage object in this case -- with only two lines of code!
- simple bizObjects Tutorials
- Simple framework tutorial
- Auto-generated API documentation (dabodoc.tar.gz) - note that if a Property, Event, or Method is bold, that means it is not inherited
- Framework Documentation
- IDE Documentation
- What can I do with the Dabo Demos?
- Thanks to Antonio CHESSA, we now have several of our wiki pages translated into Italian! We have started to translate the wiki into Chinese and Russian.
- Dabo supports Localization
- Dabo now has a local cursor engine! The new DataSet objects allow developers to manipulate the data returned by a backend database by running any standard SQL statement against the DataSet.
- Dabo supports basic DrawObjects in its UI. This allows you to draw shapes (circles, rectangles, polygons, lines) on any UI surface.
Contributing to Dabo
- Want to contribute code to Dabo? Take a look at the Coding Guidelines first.
- Contributing to Dabo
- Dabo Code Development
- Features that Need Work
- Issue Tracker
- Browse code with trac or directly from the SVN repository
Future of Dabo
- OLD: Find out what's already happened on the Dabo Release History page.
- We need to plan our releases, so here's a Release Roadmap.
- I'm looking into integrating the awesome Winpdb debugger into Dabo. Here's a screenshot of the SimpleFormWithBizobj demo running under Winpdb. See also UsingPdbDebuggerInClassDesigner
- We're working on a Twitter client named tweezer! Come join the fun!
Using This Wiki
If you want to add python code samples, just wrap them in <pycode> tags. That's all it takes to preserve formatting and color-code your sample.
The Recent Changes page show you what has changed on this wiki recently.